Shrimporee Security Sign-up
Seeking full-time Texas law enforcement officers to work off-duty security at this years Shrimporee event. Shifts are listed below and are limited. The pay is $40.00/hr. Participating officers will receive a check from the Aransas Pass Chamber of Commerce a few days after the event finishes.
Essential Staff for Operation:
- Chief Eric Blanchard – Command Staff Coordinator
- Assistant Chief David Wood – Event Operations Supervisor
- Capt. Lynn Pearce – Emergency Manager Coordinator
- Capt. David Muniz – Shrimporee Field Commander
- Must be employed full-time as a Texas Peace Officer;
- Must be off FTO;
- Must have your department director’s approval (sheriff or chief);
- Must be an effective communicator & skilled in de-escalation techniques;
- Must receive a sign-up acknowledgment from Shrimporee Field Commander;
- Must supply own food and drinks;
- Must complete and turn in W-9 during the first shift;
- Must have a good sense of humor.
- Patrol grounds on foot;
- Stand post at various locations;
- Direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic;
- Employ smart policing tactics to resolve most issues;
- Engage event visitors with a cheerful attitude and smile;
- Other duties that may later be assigned.
Location for Event
You will check in before each shift at the blue Shrimporee Command building. Remember, if you work Saturday morning, you will first check in at the police department.
- Friday Evening, July 17, 2020, from 5:00 pm until 12:00 midnight;
- Saturday Morning, July 18, 2020, from 8:30 am until 4:00 pm (REPORT TO PD);
- Saturday Evening, July 18, 2020, from 4:00 pm until 12:00 midnight;
- Sunday Morning, July 19, 2020, from 11:30 am until 6:30 pm.
Every officer must complete the attached W-9. Do not email this form in, you will turn it in-person when arriving for duty.
Further details will follow by email and during on-site shift briefings.
Sign up to Work Security:
Once submitted, you will receive a computer-generated email confirmation. Then, within 24-72 hours you will receive an “approval to work” email from the Shrimporee Field Commander.Remember, You must receive approval from the Shrimporee Field Commander stating you have “approval to work.” If you have any questions, contact the event coordinator at 361-758-5224.