Good evening, AP. Chief Blanchard here with an update on the weather and the City’s ongoing efforts.
From the office of the Emergency Manager:
- The local shelter at Calvary Baptist Church remains open. Call them if you have questions or would like to go in. Mrs. Gras manages the shelter and can be reached at 361-332-1756. There will be a food truck on site this evening only, serving a hot meal beginning at 6 pm until they run out.
- Remember Rockport, as well. Emergency shelters are located at the Fulton Fire Station at 401 North Ninth Street in Fulton and the Lamar Fire Station at 302 Bois D Arc in Lamar.
From the the Office of the City Manager:
- City offices remain open and operational during normal business hours. Public Works is now back at their normal location on North Avenue A.
Electricity Reminders from the City:
- Electricity will likely remain out for much of AP and many communities in the Coastal Bend due to issues that arise when trying to recover from rolling outages.
- Rolling outages will continue per ERCOT due to high power consumption and not enough production of energy.
- Report outages to AEP direct via aeptexas.com/outages or (877) 373-4858.
- AEP is working diligently to restore energy due to issues outside the rolling blackouts.
- Tuesday, 2/16/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-4/
- Monday, 2/15/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-3/
- Monday, 2/15/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-from-ap/
- Sunday, 2/14/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/special-reminder-winter-weather-advisory/
Again here is some vital info for you to keep handy:
- Report electrical outages here (877) 373-4858 or https://www.aeptexas.com/outages/.
- IF YOU MUST drive, check road conditions before heading out. Many roads are either closed or iced over https://drivetexas.org/.
- Have an emergency? Call or text us to 911. Otherwise, call us at 361-758-5224.
Stay tuned here for more updates as they become necessary. Also, be sure to update your emergency contact information for our emergency alerting system by visiting our CodeRED page here: https://police.aptx.gov/ea.
– Chief Blanchard.