Good Thursday morning, AP. Chief Blanchard here with an update on the weather and the City’s ongoing efforts.
Updates on Local Businesses:
- Is your business open? Let us and everyone else know on our Facebook Post.
Public Works Office:
San Patricio Municipal Water District is working on a 24″ water main break that feeds the Avenue A ground storage tank here in AP. This break is what is responsible for much of the low water pressure, and was not discovered until last last evening or early this morning. We do not have an ETA on when this main will be repaired, but we are told their crews are working on it.
REPORT WATER LEAKS!
Conserve water! Report leaks to the City ASAP. 361-758-5301 ext. 2100. Water is on but due to leaks, we are unable to get it out to everywhere in town. REPORT LEAKS!
Emergency Managers Desk:
Water Filling Station (Thursday) 2 pm – 5 pm (or until empty)
Aransas Pass Public Works has established a water filling station on Yoakum Street behind the old hospital. You need to bring your own containers to fill up with. The water is not potable unless you BOIL it first. THE WATER IS FREE FOR RESIDENTS.
10- gallon MAX PER VEHICLE, 2 pm – 5 pm only (or until empty)
- WATER BOIL remains in effect.
- Plan for potential freezing temperatures this evening. Otherwise, the weekend looks wonderful!
AEP/ERCOT FINAL UPDATE:
- Thursday, 2/18/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-7/
- Wednesday, 2/17/2021 (2) – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-6/
- Tuesday, 2/16/2021 (2) – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-4-2/
- Tuesday, 2/16/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-4/
- Monday, 2/15/2021 (2) – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-3/
- Monday, 2/15/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-from-ap/
- Sunday, 2/14/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/special-reminder-winter-weather-advisory/
- Report electrical outages here (877) 373-4858 or https://www.aeptexas.com/outages/.
- IF YOU MUST drive, check road conditions before heading out. Many roads are either closed or iced over https://drivetexas.org/.
- Have an emergency? Call or text us to 911. Otherwise, call us at 361-758-5224.
Stay tuned here for more updates as they become necessary. Also, be sure to update your emergency contact information for our emergency alerting system by visiting our CodeRED page here: https://police.aptx.gov/ea.
– Chief Blanchard.