The Aransas Pass Police Department is a progressive agency, employing some of the sharpest minds and equipping them with some of the best technology available. We continue to seek applications from those desiring to become part of our law enforcement. Making a positive difference in our community is what APPD is all about! Are you in?
- Bike Patrol
- Crisis Intervention Team
- DEA Task Force
- Field Training Officer
- Gang & Narcotics Investigations
- Marine Patrol & Rescue Team
- Mental Health Officers
- School Resource Officer
- TCOLE Training Instructor
- Progressive Training
- Police Base: $44,200.00 Annually
- TCO Base: $35,776.00 Annually
- Police Retention Stipend: $6,600 Annually
- TCO Retention Stipend: $3,600 Annually
- TCOLE License Incentive: $0.50 more an hour per license step (Police & TCO’s)
- Educational Incentive: up to $1.50 more an hour (All staff)
- Bi-Lingual Pay: $0.50 hourly increase
- Special Assignment Pay: $0.50 hourly increase
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Cell Phone Assignment/Allowance
- Certification & Educational Pay Incentive
- Holiday Pay/Leave
- Longevity Pay
- Monthly Retention Stipend
- Paid Personal Leave
- Sick Leave
- TMRS Retirement Plan (2:1 at 6%)
- Vacation Leave
- Weapon Purchase, Reimbursement Program
*** Peace officer applicants must be T.C.O.L.E. Certified. ***
Forms fillable via Adobe or on a Mac.
Print legibly and make sure your application is complete.
The background packet is for those who receive a conditional offer of employment and not required upfront.
All applicants must undergo a physical exam, psychological test, drug screening, and a thorough background investigation (polygraph may be considered). Drug, medical, and psychological testing along with the background investigation will be deferred until the issuance of a conditional offer by the Chief.
Here, you’re a family-member, not just another number!
Submit by mail, email, or in person
600 Cleveland Blvd. Aransas Pass, Texas 78336
For more information call 361-758-5224
The City of Aransas Pass is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
* Positions remain open until filled unless otherwise stated.
** Background Packet will be required no later than 5 days after receiving a conditional offer of employment.