Halloween is right around the corner. The Aransas Pass PD has prepared several goodies bags for young children. Beginning October 1st, 2012 through Halloween, if you stop by the PD with your young child, your child can receive a goodies bag from our administrative staff. Parents should be present and approve of goodies bag before it can be given to a child. One bag per child (age 0 to 12).
Halloween Safety Tips:
- Costumes with weapons should be toys and soft to touch so as to not hurt anyone.
- Never trick-or-treat alone, go in groups. Small kids should be accompanied by an adult.
- Since attach reflective products or tape to costumes to be visible at night.
- Check candy for choking hazard and to make sure nothing has been tampered with. Best practice is to avoid eating homemade treats.
- Visit residence where the lights are on. Many people will keep their lights off if they do not participate in trick or treating. Furthermore, registered sex offenders are also instructed to refrain from participation.
- Be sure to walk and not run. There will be many people out and possibility of heavy traffic for non-walkers. Also observe traffic by looking both ways before crossing the street.
- Never enter one’s unless accompanied by a trusted adult.
For a complete list of safety tips, please visit this site. (Outside website not affiliated with Aransas Pass PD.)