Good afternoon, AP. Chief Blanchard here with an update on the weather and the City’s ongoing efforts. This comes just after our afternoon meeting with Mayor, Council Woman, City Manager, and department heads.
Here are the updates:
From the Emergency Manager’s Desk:
- The freezing weather will persist through the night.
- Wind chills will remain hazardous through tomorrow.
- Ice could reform, but for now, many roadways seem passable, except for major highways such as the Harbor Bridge.
- Harbor Bridge will remain closed until midday tomorrow, per CCPD.
- Local warming shelter has opened at the Calvary Baptist Church. Call ahead to Mrs. Graff at 361-332-1756.
- Area shelter in Rockport, as well. Emergency shelters are located at the Fulton Fire Station at 401 North Ninth Street in Fulton and the Lamar Fire Station at 302 Bois D Arc in Lamar.
- Electricity will likely remain out for much of AP and many communities in the Coastal Bend due to issues that arise when trying to recover from rolling outages.
- Rolling outages will continue per ERCOT due to high power consumption and not enough production of energy.
- Report outages to AEP direct via aeptexas.com/outages or (877) 373-4858.
- AEP is working diligently to restore energy due to issues outside the rolling blackouts.
From the the Office of the City Manager:
- Public works crews are refocusing efforts on clearing out lift stations to prevent sewer back flows.
- All non-essential city services will remain closed through Tuesday.
- Critical city services will continue as normal.
- Water service remains normal aside from one water main break on Wheeler, which
should nowis projected to be repaired by 9pm.
From Aransas Pass ISD:
- Schools will be closed Tuesday for students and staff.
- Monday, 2/15/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-from-ap/
- Sunday, 2/14/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/special-reminder-winter-weather-advisory/
Again here is some vital info for you to keep handy:
- Report electrical outages here (877) 373-4858 or https://www.aeptexas.com/outages/.
- IF YOU MUST drive, check road conditions before heading out. Many roads are either closed or iced over https://drivetexas.org/.
- Have an emergency? Call or text us to 911. Otherwise, call us at 361-758-5224.
Stay tuned here for more updates as they become necessary. Also, be sure to update your emergency contact information for our emergency alerting system by visiting our CodeRED page here: https://police.aptx.gov/ea.
– Chief Blanchard.