Good Wednesday morning, AP. Chief Blanchard here with an update on the weather and the City’s ongoing efforts.
Updates on Local Businesses:
- Walmart IS NOT yet open but we are told they are trying.
- Murphy USA is open.
- Valero on Wheeler is open.
- Eagle Mart (formerly Snappies) is open.
- Possibly other businesses between 12th and FM 1069 along Wheeler Avenue.
Emergency Managers Desk:
REPORT LEAKS & Check Website for Road Conditions
Conserve water! Report leaks to the City ASAP. 361-758-5301 ext. 2100. Water is on but due to leaks, we are unable to get it out to everywhere in town. REPORT LEAKS!
If you are looking for road conditions, visit https://drivetexas.org/. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- WATER BOIL in effect.
- The local shelter at Calvary Baptist Church remains open. Call them if you have questions or would like to go in. Mrs. Graf manages the shelter and can be reached at 361-332-1756. *** This shelter may soon suspend operations, if they do we will bring that info to you, AP. ***
- Remember Rockport, as well. Emergency shelters are located at the Fulton Fire Station at 401 North Ninth Street in Fulton and the Lamar Fire Station at 302 Bois D Arc in Lamar.
- The Aransas Pass Civic Center is NOT capable of being made into a shelter. It has no running water and no electricity and temperatures in the low 40’s. (See video below, shared by request.)
City Manager’s Office:
- City offices remain open and operational during normal business hours. Public Works is now back at their normal location on North Avenue A.
- Tuesday, 2/16/2021 (2) – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-4-2/
- Tuesday, 2/16/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-4/
- Monday, 2/15/2021 (2) – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-3/
- Monday, 2/15/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/winter-weather-update-from-ap/
- Sunday, 2/14/2021 – https://police.aptx.gov/special-reminder-winter-weather-advisory/
- Report electrical outages here (877) 373-4858 or https://www.aeptexas.com/outages/.
- IF YOU MUST drive, check road conditions before heading out. Many roads are either closed or iced over https://drivetexas.org/.
- Have an emergency? Call or text us to 911. Otherwise, call us at 361-758-5224.
Stay tuned here for more updates as they become necessary. Also, be sure to update your emergency contact information for our emergency alerting system by visiting our CodeRED page here: https://police.aptx.gov/ea.
– Chief Blanchard.